Our customers in both the fixed and rotary wing markets have come to enjoy the well-proven benefits of leasing over outright purchase. This tried-and-tested approach in the fixed wing sector, particularly for global airlines, has similar appeal to operators of helicopters. Operating leases are a form of ‘off-balance-sheet’ asset financing. Many organizations prefer to keep assets off their balance sheet in order to keep their overall debt-to-equity ratios low, but there are many other practical benefits:
- No down payment – Leasing contracts don’t require the ‘down payment’ that is normal with debt financing. You simply pay a fixed monthly ‘rental’ for the term of the lease and hand the helicopter back at the end of the term.
- No residual value risk – With an operating lease we take on all the risk associated with the residual value of the aircraft at the end of the lease.
- No balloon payment – under the terms of debt financing there is often a large ‘balloon payment’ at the end of the loan. With leasing there is no balloon payment. The lease payments just stop at the end of the lease.
- Flexible use of assets – LCI can arrange short or long-term leases according to your needs, further reducing the risk profile of your financing strategy. The lease rates payable depend on the equipment chosen and the length of the lease.
- Access to the latest technology – with an operating lease from a company like LCI you benefit from the advance commitment we have made to purchase the very latest aircraft. If you wanted to purchase the same equipment now, the manufacturers’ delivery slots may be well ahead of when you need them.
- Geographical reach – With offices around the world, LCI is ready to support you and your business wherever that may be.